Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 17

Dinner Success!!
It is a great thing when you make a dinner and everyone loves it! Tonight was that night. And I didn't think my kids would like turkey, they haven't in the past, so I was a little concerned, but went ahead with Tradition anyways. It was the best turkey I've ever made and it wasn't stressful! Double bonus. I carefully thought out and planned every detail, since I only have one refrigerator to work with and started 3 days ahead with preparations. I grocery shopped and made my to do list and menu on Thursday, also washed the China we would use.And brined the turkey that night. Friday I made the Pies, deviled eggs, veggie tray, Jello Salad and dinner rolls. (which didn't turn out that time so I'm glad I made them ahead of time!) Then Saturday, I mopped the floor, decorated the table, made more rolls, put the turkey in the oven, the made the last minute dishes...cream corn, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and gravy. We had a feast and it was all DELICIOUS!! Everyone sat and enjoyed a wonderful meal and to that I am very grateful!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Glad your dinner turned out so well!