Saturday, January 22, 2011

Today

Joe had to work again this weekend. We don't like it when daddy works, but are getting used to dealing with it since it is just once a month. The kids are doing good playing indoors with our winter weather we are still having. I was the one who had the most cabin fever today. So we planned to go to the library and visit daddy at work. Everyone loved that idea. I did too, since the library was right near the hospital, and we are struggling with finding stories to read a bedtime for Ryan. He is bored with all the ones we have or something is making him uninterested in them. So this outing will help to get him excited about reading again, it's free, and there is a place for the kids to play for a bit too. (better than any library I've been to yet actually)
We made new chore charts, also to help with the motivation of doing their chores. So far it's working good. I've added a smiley face to encourage the "speaking kindly" trait we are working on in our home this year. I'm having to remind or encourage them to speak kindly or use their manner or stop whining way to much. So hopefully this will help. Because if they don't do something on their chart that day, I'm going to put a big X across that spot instead of leaving it blank, to get the point across better. Kaylee didn't make her bed and so I gave her an X and she did not like that one bit! She ran right then and said, I'll do it now mommy! haha so like I said hopefully it will help all around get the point across especially with the manners part.
So we watched cartoons, did some chores, played some battleship, then had lunch and headed out the door finally. We had a good time at the library, picking books, playing trains, puzzles, puppet show etc, then went and met daddy at work. We got there just before he was off so we got to walk out with him. And the sweetheart offered to take the kids home so I could go to walmart by myself for the few things we needed! Love him!! it was nice to shop alone, although he left me with no radio to listen to. I guess there have been break ins at the hospital parking lot so he takes the stereo face off.
Then home for our favorite dinner, chicken with broccoli and sweet potatoes and rolls. And ice cream sundaes for dessert!
Maybe it was the ice cream right before bed, but the kids didn't want to go to bed tonight, they kept stalling, calling out wanting more songs or this or that. I even caught Renee crawling on the floor in the hallway towards Ryan's room to see if he was still awake! Oh my goodness! Go to bed!! I miss the days of early bedtime! haha

No comments: