Monday, January 24, 2011

Belated Merry Christmas

So I suppose I should officially post about Christmas, being a MAJOR holiday and all! It was a nice holiday season overall. We were blessed to have a White Christmas and to have visitors before and after. Grandma Kathy came a few weeks before and Grandma Joyce came a few days after. Those will both have to be seperate posts, when I get around to it.

So Christmas morning was a quite time just with the 5 of us. The kids actually slept in til almost 8, so it was a nice a relaxing start to the morning. We started with song and prayer and a reminder that this special day was about Jesus then on to stockings, then we made everyone stop to take a Breakfast break, (eggs and cinnamon rolls, yum yum) then returned to the present opening. It was nice to take our time and enjoy each other and the childrens reactions. Even stop to set up a game and play before opening the next one. It made christmas last til almost lunch, but hey, we had nothing but time that day! (Grandma Joyce may of hated it but she didn't come for a few days later anyways)

We even took the kids out "sledding" to break in the new sleds. Although our yard offers a very mild bunny hill, if you can even call it that. A few inches of a decline really, but with daddy's strong pushing, it made it fun for the kids.

Here are a few pictures of the imfamous day



The kids excited about their sleds Santa brought them!


They look so identical in this picture! but Renee is on the right and Kaylee is on the left. The stockings helped me figure that out! haha jk




A favorite present was princess dress up clothes of course!


Snow White all smiles!


Mouse trap, a new favorite game for Ryan, and old favorite game for daddy.
Another favorite gift was this doll house, that was so generously given to Joe from a co-worker that no longer wanted it. The girls prefer this one, because it's nice and sturdy and can hold them for the times they decide to really get into playing doll house and get in the house too!

Like I said, they like to get into playing doll house!


This was another favorite present for daddy, I mean Ryan. A huge blow up basket ball net.
A sweet garage sale find by mom!

A tea party set, for the princesses!

3 comments:

Nic said...

what a great time!!! i love how joe likes most of the presents as well. what was your favorite present to play with?

Emily said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas. Mouse Trap looks like a lot of fun. We had a white Christmas too, but now I am ready for the white to be gone for a long time. Too much snow! I can't wait to see my tulips and daffodils.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean I would have hated it??? I am offended. :) Love you all, anyway.

Grandma Smith