I found these pictures when digging out the Army pictures of me and my brother and wanted to do a blog about "Our Army days". Many of you know that Joe and I both served in the Army and were trained as nurses. It was in nursing school where we met, fell in love, and got us where we are today.
So this our Blast from the past.....

One of our favorite pictures of when we were in the Army, we were shopping in the PX

This was our favorite dining spot, The Lucky Dragon Chinese food. It was scrumptious compared to the chow hall we were used too!

A promotion or awards ceremony

Back in the day, this is how we killed some free time....Solitaire on old school computers!

Most of our nursing school class surrounding our "patient annie" whom we all took very good care of!

My 2 best buds in school....Joe and Brian Hausman

Some more of our buds we hung out with. Growing up with all brothers I felt right at home surrounded by mostly men in the Army, which of course drove Joe crazy. :-)
12 comments:
Oh how I love these pictures! I love your very last statement about being surrounded by guys. At least Joe knows now that he was the most important one. Cute cute stuff!
you picked him over all the rest. pretty special. I love the pictures. :]
such great pictures karen! i love it!
I never knew you both were in the army. Thanks for sharing!! It'll always be great to be able to look back on those pictures and remember those times....even better now that you were able to blog about it!
You both look so young!! Love the pics!
Very fun pictures! I love that the younger Joe is the more Ryan I see in him. I wonder at at age they will be twins!
I didn't know that the army recruited 12 year olds! Seriously, you guys are so ridiculously young and adorable...so not much has changed in ten years!
Good times. :) Its so fun to see the pictures.
those were just awesome!! how fun and cute they all were!
The Army days. Seems like so long ago. Look at how far you have come. It is fun to go back though and look at the past thru pictures. I think I remember Brian Hausman.(sp) Didn't he live in Alton, Il. Or maybe I am thinking of someone else. I remember Joe going there to visit someone when he came to Sparta to visit us. I remember the letters I would get from Joe, singing your praises, Karen, and how he was able to work it to be able to be with you in FT. Bliss. Remember that, Joe? Think I may still have some of those letters in the cedar chest, but not sure. It was good looking at the pictures. Thank you. Love to all. See you soon.
Grandma S.
What great pictures!
I can see in these younger pictures of Joe how Ryan looks so much like his dad.
Post a Comment