Thursday, August 06, 2009

Get Ready, Get Set....

I'm so excited for our upcoming trip, but I'm SO not ready! I always do this, leave so much to be done last minute. The pressure of my procrastination really gets me moving and it all works out in the end, but I really wish I had the Mary Poppin powers of snapping my fingers and getting the job done. I just got off of work, so I will sleep today, wake up to get my hair cut, then run some errands and put the kids to bed and then pack....I'll get so much more done with them sleeping! They don't really "help" mommy too much when it comes to packing, now unpacking is a different story!!

This trip should be a lot of fun. We are going out for my Youngest brother David's and Becca's wedding and also happens to be my niece's 1st birthday. So all the family will be coming into town for the big wedding event. Weddings are great because it also makes it a family reunion as well. It will be the first time in a long time that all of us siblings will be together. It will also be the first time that my divorced parents that are both remarried will be together. All of the grandparents will be there as well. And meeting the new members of our family, the brides family.

It should be good, I'm hoping for a great weekend. We are all different as all families are, and I'm hoping to celebrate the differences that we have and love that we share that makes us family. That will be my prayer in my heart, any extra prayers will be much appreciated!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be safe and have a great time. "sigh" I love weddings. I will pray for you. love you all very much.

grandma s.

Nic said...

what a great time you guys are gonna have! everyone loves a fun family wedding! have a fabulous trip. and don't worry, we all wish we were mary poppins!

Anonymous said...

your amazing. you did all of that and still had time to blog. :]
rebecca

Anonymous said...

I always look forward to family events and I hope you have a wonderful trip with a lot of good memories. My prayers are with you.

Love,
Jane