Sundays are the day of rest.....
right? (or so they say.) Occasionally they actually turn out to be that way and when it does it's
sooo nice! We attend church at 2:00pm and get home at 5:30 so it makes for a long morning, but we've started to adjust to it I think. We get to have a lazy morning hanging out, playing games and causally get ready for church. It's not a rushed feeling, well the last 5 minutes of actually getting to the car always is! But by the time we get home it's dinnertime, then in no time at all it's BEDTIME, for the kids at least. Poor Joe is extra tired because he has meetings with the Bishopric for 2 hrs prior to church starting. So this is why this is what he looks like immediately after dinner..... can you blame him? He put on a new movie for the kids so they were super interested and unusually quiet so he fell asleep instantly.

He's following the "day of rest" principle to the T! :)
I finally got my new calling, and Yes.....I'm still in Primary! Teaching a class this time, the 8 yr olds to be exact. It should be fun and a great experience. I really love being in Primary with the children. It was nice going to Sunday school with Joe and going to Relief Society today was the first time in 2 years, and whoa..... that was weird! hahaha It was nice seeing the sisters and hearing a lesson taught to me, but I kept on wondering when we were going to stand up and wiggle, and singing time just isn't the same either! hahaha Although I love the sisters in RS, I am happy to be going back to primary where I love to be. I'm really looking forward to having the opportunity to teach and be taught by the sweet children.
Precious Moments!
Picking the flowers is a favorite thing for the girls to do when walking in or out of church.
(Kaylee is on the left and Renee is on the right.)
6 comments:
yay for sundays!!!!
I just love this picture of the girls! It looks like a precious moments figurine :) i love lazy sundays...and so far abel has really let us have an afternoon nap so I am thankful! Hope you are having a great day!
glad joe got a nap! what did you do? probably the dishes right?
Ah, Joe looks so relaxed...hmm maybe I should go to bed. That looked awfully nice. Glad you get to stay in Primary!
The picture of the girls is so precious. they are really growing up aren't they. Isn't that the way it usually is? the men sleep while the women work! love you all
Tell Joe I feel the same way on Sundays (and I don't have the 2 hours of extra meeting excuse). I would love ideas on how to make the long Sunday mornings work better.
Post a Comment