Tuesday, February 08, 2011

It's not easy being GREEN

It really hasn't been easy for the kids lately to "stay on green" on their chart.
Most days Ryan can stay on green, (maybe because he goes to school for 8 hrs of the day) and since the girls are home more and together all the time, they have been struggling. Most days they end up on yellow, and occasionally they wind up on red and don't get a bedtime snack or dessert that night and that really bothers them. (well it really bothers me to deal with their misbehavior so there)
But today was the first day in a while that EVERYONE stayed on green. Everyone played nicely, was happy, most of the time and did what they were supposed to do. Happy day!
It really was a happy day. A lot of things made me laugh today...
The girls were playing nicely together all morning. When I told them to go get dressed, they ran to their room together and didn't come out for a long time. I heard laughing and giggling and jumping on the bed. I wanted to go in to tell them to stop jumping on the bed, but since they were playing nicely for a change I decided not to play "referee." (you pick your battles!)
Then they wanted to help me with the laundry and they like to take all the things out of the dryer and put it into a basket for me. Then while I fold most of the laundry (sometimes i can get them to help with the wash cloths but not always) they played in the baskets, taking turns being the baby or the mommy putting the baby to bed. Then one of the said, "hey let's be twins, scoop over!" and jumped in the basket with the other one and then I became the "mommy" haha it made me laugh. (I love how they say "scoop" instead of scoot!)
Then after school Ryan had some friends over and they were watching "Pokeman" and Ryan says to his friends "that can really happen in real life you know!" haha ya!
That's all I can remember from our day, but I know I laughed out loud several times at the kids. My brain is shutting down for the day! Good night, and fingers crossed for another great day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Nic said...

what a fabulous day! it sounds like lots of little happy moments which are the best!