Today was "Fast Sunday" in our church, because next Sunday we will have Stake Conference. (Fast Sunday is usually held on the first Sunday of every month, and is where we fast for 2 meals and pray for a specific purpose and have the opportunity to bear our testimony during the Sacrament service.)
So I had written "FAST SUNDAY" on the calendar, since it wasn't a normal Sunday to have fast Sunday, and Ryan saw it and asked me....
"Mom, it's says "fast Sunday" on the calendar,
does that mean we won't be at church that long???"
I remember asking the same thing as a kid!! haha It made us laugh.
We had a good Sunday. Having Church at 2pm has it's pro's and cons. We can leisurely start our day, relax and not have to get ready to go til after lunch. Which is nice when the moods are right in the house. When there is any contention it makes it hard to really get "ready" for church with the right spirit.
This Sunday was a good Sunday. We all got along well and the kids didn't fight or argue. That makes me so happy to go to church in good spirits, rather than frustrated or having had lost my temper. (something I'm praying for help with)
I wasn't planning on bearing my testimony today but was touched by the spirit as I listened to others share theirs. I was reminded of the great blessing that happened to us this week.
I shared how I was grateful to have the Priesthood on the earth and to be a mother. And since I am a mother, I am especially grateful to have the Priesthood in my home. Being a mother brings the greatest challenge and greatest joy in my life and would not want to have this great calling without the priesthood blessing in my life.
There are so many ways in which I fall short or feel inadequate as a mother, but one way I feel competent is being a Nurse I feel I can care for their health and wellness needs and basically keep them ALIVE. (that got a few chuckles- I always feel like a heart felt testimony will make you laugh and cry)
Anyways, I went on to tell the story about Kaylee getting sick this week, and just then she walked up and joined me at the pulpit. I said that her cough was getting worse and not better, so we took her to the doctor, got some good advice and medicine, but it still was getting worse and not better. I had done everything to my knowledge in my power to help my little girl, but she was struggling to breathe. Her coughing got so bad that my instincts told me to call the home teachers for a blessing and then call 911 since the first thing you need to do to keep someone alive is to make sure they keep breathing!
Fortunately, our home teacher was home and willing to come right over, he was just getting home from work so he was still in a shirt and tie, and together he and Joe offered and anointed a blessing laying their hands on Kaylee's head while she continued to cough away. Moments after the blessing, she fell asleep and slept the whole night without another cough.
It was a small but major miracle to of witnessed in my life and am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for allowing that blessing to occur and for allowing the priesthood to be on the earth again as it was when Jesus was on the earth. I am grateful to my wonderful husband for being worthy to hold the priesthood and exercise it's great power especially for our family in times of need like this one.
3 months ago
1 comment:
Well that story put a lump in my throat. It is so wonderful that our Lord looks after us like he does, and yet sometimes we get in a rut taking it for granted. I am so happy the girls are finally better. Love you all.
Grandma S
Post a Comment