This is what we found when we woke up.....
There are 3 steps up to our porch that are covered up
Joe hard at work making a path for us to get our cars out
Ryan thought he would give it a try to give daddy a break, he lasted a whole 60 seconds and made more work for Joe really. haha
The kids loved hiking around the house, or trying I should say. They sunk down so far they almost got completely swallowed up!
Renee and Ryan found a treasure along the way, 2 icicle's fresh off the house.
Thank goodness for a good neighbor willing to come and plow the rest of our drive which is about 75-100 feet long! he did it in about 2 minutes flat! Joe couldn't give enough praise and thanks!! His back truly thanks him!! :-)
It made a great little sledding hill at the end of our drive where the bulldozer dumped everything he scooped up.
Ryan found an ice boulder, or buried treasure!!
Kaylee crying out for help as she is sinking into the waist deep snow, being the good mother that I am, I had to laugh, then take a picture THEN went after her! haha
Renee "sledding" down the hill body boarding style! :-)
Overall it was a fun day, a lot of time spent in the snow until we couldn't feel our fingers any longer. But we went out a total of 3 times, it was so fun. Hot chocolate and a warm house can cure any frozen-ness occurred while out playing.
Ryan said to me...."Mom, I like living in Nauvoo! Do you??"
My response...surprisingly was "yes Ryan I like living here too!"
3 comments:
oh wow! i am jealous!! it looks like a perfect and wonderful day once you were all home safe and sound. i wanna come live with you!!
Looks like fun. I'm glad Ryan likes living there. Too bad he is so far away from his favorite Uncle Spamdrew.
I love that my kids now know what the 4 seasons are. Some of my best memories as a kid involve playing in the snow. But, I sure do miss CA this time of year!!! I never appreciated spring as much as I did last year. It is such a beautiful time of the year on this side of the country.
Post a Comment