The girls are getting bigger, but still are small enough for me to rock them both as I sing to them before bed. It is a favorite time of ours, especially mine. But space is definitely limited, and running out quickly.
At times I just have to put one down and rock one at a time anymore. But when I do have them both together it is fun to have my arms full, literally! Also to see them interact with one another. At times they are:
Talking to each other in their own little 2 yr old language
Playing peek-a-boo by blinking their eyes and opening them again.
Singing along with me, especially to Twinkle Twinkle, or I am a Child of God.
Saying "mine mine mine" over and over again back and forth sounding a lot like the seagulls from "Finding Nemo". They are saying mine mine over my hand or arm that is holding them..good thing I have 2!
Moving in reaction from the others previous move to try to get comfortable.
Which this makes me think about their days in the womb. They moved a lot at the same time, and now that I can "see" them it makes me think that they weren't always playing around, that at times they were just trying to get comfortable because someone had to go and move and now they have an elbow or foot in their face.
But I just really love the cuddles before bed, when they are still and peaceful (except during the times they are doing one of the above examples) The smell of their freshly washed hair is so refreshing. Then laying them down and hearing the sweet voice whisper "goodnight momma I Yuv you!" or They will squeeze my neck tighter and say "More song! More Song Momma!" Either response melts my heart, in a different kind of way.
4 comments:
I'm reading this just moments after putting my little guy down after a good rock a bye. It really is the best! Cute post!
that just sounds like so much fun! what a great time you get to have with them right now!
I Love that! Keep it up as long as you can. They grow up way too fast!
Too cute. I love rocking and singing before bedtime.
Post a Comment