I love the few moments before the kids go to bed (unless its a totally crabby day) :)
But usually we talk about their day and have a few cherished moments together as a family. Ryan wanted to tell me something so he got my attention and said....
"Mom, I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really
have to, really really really really really really really really really really really really want to, really really really really
Mom: "Ryan spit it out!"
Ryan: "I really want to tell you something."
Mom: "Ok (hahaha) tell me!"
Ryan: " I want to read the tool box book one more time."
Mom: "Oh man, was that it? Of course we can , geez I thought you were going to tell me something serious!"
And then he was telling me about his Sunday school lesson.....
Ryan :"We learned about missionaries."
Mom: "Oh that's good, do you want to be a missionary when you grow up?" Waiting for the 'proud mom' feeling to come
Ryan: "No"
Mom: proud feeling didn't come :) "Oh, you don't, why not?"
Ryan:"Because I want to be a superhero and help people, have powers to clean my room and get the bad guys"
Mom: feeling a bit more proud haaha "Oh that's good Ry, it's nice to help people"
Maybe when he grows up, he'll choose to wear a "missionary costume" but for now, it's all superheros!
3 months ago
6 comments:
haah, that is soo cute! that is exactly what my 4 year does to me, she thinks of everything she possibly can tell me, so that she won't have to go to bed!
That is too funny :) Robey still wants to be a super hero :)
you need to get him one of those furture missionary tags and tell him it has super powers of changing people
i love those little stories! and i can't blame him, having super powers to clean up my room after brad would be divine!!
And who can argue that he makes a mighty handsome super hero? Those are still some of my favorite photos from the rehearsal.....Ryan in full batman garb ready to step in and save the day.
Love,
Jane
Love it! I think Ryan is really, really, really, really funny!
Post a Comment