The girls have made yet another babysitter cry! Well almost cry......
We got a babysitter and went to stake conference(a church meeting) last weekend. They moved the time up to 6-8pm so it would be perfect to have a sitter, and be able to go out to eat afterwards. Well that was the plan.....
I think my kids are finally easy to put to bed. Last year it was quite the opposite, and we rarely did leave them because of that.
Well thank goodness things have changed so we felt confident enough to get a sitter and let her do it.
Well she had never been over before to sit for them, and they kids have never met her, but she was nice, confident and fun so I felt good enough about it. They all seemed to like the idea as well.
UNTIL bedtime came, i received a frantic phone call from her, saying they won't go to bed, and are screaming, I could hear through the phone that yes indeed they were! Screaming bloody murder actually! So conference wasn't even over at this point, so i told her to either just let them cry or let them stay with Ryan in his bed and I'll put them to bed when I got home. Well she choose later which was fine, and when i got home I found them all awake and happy except the babysitter, she seemed remorseful and on the brink of tears.
I paid her and apologized for that experience and hoped that she wasn't traumatized by it! We shall she if she ever comes back! haha
3 months ago
4 comments:
I saw you guys leave in a hurry. Now I know why!
When I was babysitting age I watched some kids down the road. The youngest was probably 2ish at the time...and WOULD NOT go to bed for me. I tried and I tried and then I cried and I cried! Finally I called my mom and she put her right to bed :) I babysat them again, so have hope!
Ahhh you poor thing! It will all work out. I'm sure she will come back!
Well, you know what my remedy for that is so I do not have to say it again. But, I will. move up here! I will babysit for free! Love you all.
Grandma S.
Post a Comment