Tuesday, September 02, 2008

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

This Labor Day weekend, we were able to take a trip to go visit Joe's family. We all had a great time and since almost everyones birthday falls around the same time, we decided to celebrate EVERYONES birthday at once. So it was one big celebration, and a fun tradition we started! The ride up was a little rough since the girls refused to sleep in their car seats ( I mean.....what kid doesn't fall asleep in the car???), but thanks to the invention of a portable DVD player and "Signing Time", we made it through...just barely. All the kids enjoyed playing with their cousins Kenzie and Drew, and loved the swingsets and slide in Grandma's back yard. They also had a blast running in this green stuff called "grass". I think they were wondering where all the rocks and cactuses went. Over all we all had a blast and look forward to going back for Christmas.



Not having a nap..they found fun ways to keep themselves entertained when the movies got old.



We made it and Grandma and Paw-Paw were sure enjoying the kids




Ryan and cousin Kenzie having a blast on the playset




Daddy showed the girls a new way to swing..can you tell which is which? Don't worry..we can't either.


Daddy was regretting showing them this new way to swing...they just didn't want to stop!

Aunt Bethie and Renee

Jim carrying the cake with everyone's name on it. I think the cake decorater thought we were crazy asking for 10 names under the "Happy Birthday"


Joe enjoying the fact that he got to open his birthday presents first...considering it was actually HIS birthday. :-)


Drew: "Wait till mommy takes off my diaper and finds the rest of the cake!"
Kenzie got tons of Hannah Montana gear to make her smile from ear to ear.


We also had a visit from our friendly neighbor hood Spidey! Ryan was in 7th heaven! The video of him opiening his present is great! It's too long to post I'm afraid.

Spidey trying to make a quick getaway!


The celebrity talent show!

Joe was jealous he didn't get his own Spidey outfit...he had to steal Ryan's.



Ryan eating his special cupcake...chocolate with Capt. Crunch on top!

The girls came to wish daddy a happy birthday. He loved his "double" hugs and kisses.


Fun with bubbles!





Since the girls like to steal the pacifier out of each others mouths...they thought they would just go ahead and steal Drew's too. He wasn't too happy about that.




Despite being in a new place and new bed, the girls slept great.






The kids loved trying to play the piano like Grandma. Although we liked it much more when grandma played!!


Ryan teaching Paw-Paw how to box playing the Wii, he doesn't go easy on beginners though!




We had a great time Grandma and Paw-Paw! We can't wait to see you again!
Christmas will be here before we know it!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday Joe! Did you get a new game? Dave just bought God of War. Nice. Last night he ran into the room and begged me to use the computer. At first I thought he was downloading a college dissertation, but no, it was just the rules to the game and hints on how to pass a level or something. Ha!!

Sorry I haven't commented in awhile. I have been a blogging slacker. I am so glad your road trip went well. You can't go wrong with Signing Time. I can't wait to watch that again with Jenna!

And Trent would've loved it if Spiderman came to visit! How fun!

Karen, you look so skinny. You go girl!

Megan said...

I enjoyed the videos they made me smile. Glad you had such a fun time.

Spamdrew said...

Well I don't feel so bad now being beat up by Ryan on the Wii too.

Anonymous said...

We did have such a wonderful time. I enjoyed the entire weekend, but especially the girls night out to see "Mamma Mia"! I can't wait to see you all at Christmas again. I am already making plans! Having all 5 of my grandbabies here at the same time is a wonderful feeling! They are all growing so fast. Remind me not to get Ryan a dart gun again. It makes Joe turn into a little kid! :) Love you all.

Grandma S.