Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day

We had a fun filled weekend with Grandma, Aunt Beth, Cousin Kenzie and Cousin Drew who came into town for the 3 day weekend. It was nice having everyone and we all had such a good time.

Grandma's Here!!


It's a BYOP party! (Bring your own pacifier!)
Drew wasn't sure if someone spiked his milk,
because he was seeing DOUBLE!!

Saturday morning we packed up and went to the
Community Park where we all had some fun!

Don't let his face fool you, he was having fun too, I was just that Renee was throwing her weight around to get the horsey to "getty up" and kept head buttting Drew!


Then we fed the ducks and had a picnic lunch

WE FINISHED OUR FUN DAY AT THE PARK BY RIDING
THE TRAIN!!

This was a special treat for all of us, since this was actually the first time any of us had been on the train. As you will see by Ryan's reactions in the videos















Then we headed home for everyone to rest or take a nap before we headed out to...


CHUCK E. CHEESE!!!








All their hard work earning tickets was paid off when they got to cash them in for a dum dum sucker!
But Aunt Bethie surprised all the kids with a really nice prize!! Thanks again Aunt Bethie!!


Having a picnic lunch and enjoying the backyard, the weather was perfect that weekend.
It was the last nice one I think till Fall!!
Do you see a monkey in that tree?


Ryan: "Just two more bucketfuls of rocks Kaylee, and then you get some watermelon too!"

This was our best attempt at getting a "group shot" of all the Grandkids. (Next time we will try sooner in the visit rather than right before the weekend was over and everyone was over tired)
This worked better, the twins were not having any part of saying "cheese" any longer!!

Renee is giving Drew a full body hug to say goodbye.....or could be teaching him some wrestling moves.


Ryan's "broken" bike

SUNDAY

All dressed up and ready for church!
After Church we had Uncle Joe and Aunt Sue over for a Barbecue.
(which confused all the little kids that there were
TWO UNCLE JOE'S!?!?!?!?!)
We had a great visit and the boys had fun playing the Wii
Really it was secretly a cubs fan party, Big uncle Joe just must of not of read the memo!!


This toy train kept Kaylee and Aunt Sue entertained for quite along time!

This picture is posted for 2 reasons....

1) to show you what it looks like when you are sleeping and you get abruptly woken up in a painful way and say "OUCH!"

2) We thought the rest of the Aeschleman siblings would get a kick out of it!!


We took a nice little walk after supper to burn off some energy and took the kids to the park, the weather was just absolutely beautiful!! The kids had an absolute blast!

Yes Grandma Jane....Ryan runs like Joe too! :-)

8 comments:

Spamdrew said...

Ok, I am really confused. You have "fun" and "Grandma" (refering to Joyce) in the same sentence? How can that be?

And then the kids traded their "Chunk E. Cheese" tickets in for Joyce? It's probably not very nice to call her a dum dum sucker though...

Spamdrew the Not-A-Brat

Anonymous said...

Yes! We did have fun Andy, pretty much cause you weren't there..... :) Anyway, I love the look on Ryan's face going into the tunnel on the train! Priceless! Now that I relive all the events of that weekend, it is no wonder we were all so tired at the end of it!!! It was a good time! Hopefully we can have another real soon. Now, the real mystery is..... can Joe fix the bike???!! It is fixable, but can Joe do it?? Too bad you don't have your old blog thingy. We could vote on it! I think I know the turnout of that vote! Love you all.

Grandma S.

Grandma S.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun weekend and beautiful weather too. We aren't sure what that is anymore here in central Illinois.

And yes, Ryan does run like Joe! And I mean that in the most flattering way, Joe.

Jane

Sunni said...

I can't believe you had jackets on for memorial day weekend! Mage loved his package from Ryan...Thanks! It made his day.

Megan said...

Looks like so much fun. I am glad that the weather was so nice for you.

Spamdrew said...

I just looked at this again.... Is Ryan sporting a tat in the first picture?

sarah said...

Classic Uncle Joe picture- I love it! Also, something really really random. A couple nights ago I had a dream that I was at your wedding and I caught the garter. And I had a huge crush on one of the groomsmen. But I forget his name. Not sure where that one came from:)

Emily said...

Maleah and I love the clip of Ryan trying to ride the broken bike. You need to send that into Funniest Videos. I think it could win.