Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Tonight Ryan had grabbed a chair and pushed it over to the freezer so he could reach all the way up to the top where we have a stash of healthy choice fudge bars. Yum! He grabbed 2 out, 1 for him and 1 for his sisters and started to bring them over to me and said " Mom can we have these?!" and I said, " Oh Ryan not now, I don't want your sisters to eat that right now, please put it back before they see" Well he didn't move fast enough and the girls must of smelt it or something so they were all over it like vulchers! So although I didn't really want to give the girls a fudgcicle right then mainly because I didn't want to clean up the mess it makes! So off we headed to their highchairs and the table and even though he didn't technically listen we were all eating fudgcicles and so I asked Ryan to go and get one more for mommy. He gladly went and got one more and brought it to me and so proudly said with a smile "Here mommy, I listened!"

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

that is soo cute, kids say the funniest things! I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to clean it up! That's my life story!

Nic said...

that is the best ever!! i'm just so proud of ryan! what a great job!! he's definitely got a guys brain doesn't he? they hear what they want to hear.

mjs ashworth said...

That is great! I love that he thought he did the right thing, I can totally see Mat saying something to that effect... I guess they never grown up!

Anonymous said...

That is a classic. It reminds me of my great niece. She asked her grandma if she was dissapointed in her because she cried in the grocery store. Her grandma said yes she was. She said, "Well I am only 3 and 3 yr. olds cry a little. When I am 5 like Kari, I will know better. She then proceeded to tell her grandma she was very good in church; not naughty once!

I'm sure your pictures will be great as these are really good.

Jane

Emily said...

That's great! Ryan focuses on the positive.