Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sleep

I love sleep, after being a night RN for so long, I'm sure I've deprived myself of it for so long that I crave it, desire it, and NEED it desperately especially now being pregnant.
Last night was not the best night sleep ever. Joe and I were trying to figure out why our iPod speaker would work one minute but not the next. It stumped us both and had us up 45 mins past when we normally go to bed. Well maybe because of that i couldn't fall asleep right away, tossed and turned for about an hour, just when Ryan runs into our room coughing up a storm. He joins us in our bed and continues to cough, we get medicine and listen to more coughing until it kicks in. Another hour almost goes by.
Within an hour I wake up coughing and need a drink, but I have forgotten to put my water by my bed, so I have to get up to get it from the kitchen where I left it. Then a little while later get up to pee. Finally get into a good sleep rhythm and randomly at 515 Renee calls out crying for mommy. I go in there hoping not to find a sick kid, and thankfully she just complains of being cold. So i wrap her in a blanket, sing her a song and lay her back down. Oh and turn of the ceiling fan that daddy left on! Ya, don't need that anymore!
When morning arrives, the first thing I here is Ryan saying, "mommy, I love you" and he gives me a squeeze. How can I be grumpy and cranky with a wake up like that! I get up to get him ready for school and take him to school quick. I come home and the girls are still asleep, so I tip toe back to bed and try to get a 10 minute recharge. Within 10 minutes the pitter patter of 4 little feet came running into my room, exclaiming "Mommy! It's Morning time!!" I open my eyes to see 4 eyes looking at me and 2 smiles. Again how can I be grumpy with another wake up call like that.
I am grateful for God blessing this day to help me be grateful and not crabby with my not so good sleep last night. It's easy to have a short temper when that happens. I hate it when I'm like that. I keep praying that He will help me have more love and patience with my family, so we can have the love and happiness we want. It seems to be helping, so far. I'm looking over at the twins who are for the first time in weeks playing nicely together WITHOUT me!! God is good!
Have a blessed day! be grateful for the small things, I am today. :-)

No comments: