It's soooo good, but I do remember having better the first time I ever met Joe's mother and Step father. they served sweet corn fresh from Illinois farmland, and it was the BEST corn I'd ever eaten. Talk about a first impression, I was in love instantly and I must of looked like a pig gnawing on ear after ear with I'm sure kernels all over my face and stuck in my teeth!! Well, the kids definitely take after their mother! :)
Kaylee
6 comments:
I know where you can get some more of that good Illinois farm fresh sweet corn! Want to plan another trip?
Love ya.
Jane
I will always remember when you went on your first combine ride with my dad and said you wanted to see how they "mow the corn":) It wasn't sweet corn but it reminded me anyways!
"triple digits, A/C on and ceiling fans on full blast".... If you're trying to convince me to move out there, you may not want to emphasis this fact. Oh, and the calendar still says MAY!
Yummy that corn looks good. Haven't had any up here yet. You are right though, Karen. That is one thing I miss all the way out here. You just can't get the good corn we had in Illinois. Later in the year it gets better, but just doesn't seem to have the flavor. Looks like the kids are enjoying it, although Nee-Nee has more on her shirt than she does in her mouth. Maybe we can get some corn on the cob for our Memorial Day supper. If you do go out to Illinois again, per Jane's request, please bring a bushel or two back. Love you all
Grandma S.
Looks good for teething.
I forgot that along with the heat comes the awesome corn!
Post a Comment