So my day started with Joe getting up with the kids, so I could catch a few extra zzzz's. So was able to leisurely get up, take some time for myself before going out to be mauled by the gang. Which is my favorite part of the day don't get me wrong, but once they see, you aren't able to sneak away very easily to get ready in peace! haha
I went out to greet everyone and received a very warm welcome.....Screams of "mommy!!!!" and running full speed into my arms. It melts my heart every time! Then they anxiously wanted to show me what they made me.....this is what I found.......
The gifts just kept coming!! Ryan made me a "cookie" and the girls followed suit and made me some too.
Overall it was a wonderful day, we made phone calls to our loving mothers, mother in laws, and step mothers. Went to church and it was was great, the kids sing a mothers day song in Sacrament meeting, and all the men came in and took over Primary for those women who are in Primary, so we could go be with all the sisters for the last hour and then the young men came in at the very end and served all of us moms Strawberry cheesecake. I had my share of carbs today that's for sure!!
I'm just so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a mother to these wonderful kids. They are truly a blessing from heaven! To have a wonderful husband who helps me parent them and be the mom I want to be. I feel so lucky to have all of them in my life and feel so loved on this day!
Happy Mothers day everyone! I hope your day was filled with love like mine was!
4 comments:
I loved the homemade cards and presents too. I still have (2) ornaments I hang on my Christmas tree every year. Glad you had a great day. Joe, the waffles look great!
Love,
Jane
Happy Mothers Day! Glad they took such good care of you to show you how special you are.
Glad you had a wonderful pampering mother's day! You deserve it! :)
you are such a great mom and an amazing example to me. I often wonder how mom's of twins survive. I am glad you had a good day! (Tell Joe he did a good job =)
Post a Comment