Thursday, February 05, 2009

Things that make you say.......OUCH!!!!!!!



This happened on New Years at a family dinner that I was not at because I was home sick in bed with a fever and tonsillitis. And although there were several adults around, no one REALLY saw what happened. One second they are eating at a little tykes tables the next the twins are on the tile floor, and one is screaming bloody murder!!

I get another one of those distress calls from Joe that goes "Ummmm......so Kaylee was sitting at the table and just fell off and now has a huge goose egg on her head. Should I take her to the urgent care or do you think she is OK?"
"Is it protruding out?"
"Oh ya, its definitely protruding out!!"
"Well then, I think she'll be OK, just put some ice on it"
"Already on the ice thing, you are going to freak when you see her head!"
"OK, that's comforting, I'm going back to bed. Love you"

HAHAHA! Things that are funny after some time has passed. We can laugh about it NOW! But at the time it was quite traumatic, but as usual more traumatic for the parents, than the kid. However she did cry some pretty serious alligator tears over this one!




A week or so later it changed to this pretty shade of purple....quite lovely isn't it!!




the one pro to these kinds of things happening is that it is SOOOO easy not to mix them up! (And grandma Kathy can actually tell them apart!)

8 comments:

Spamdrew said...

Yeah, right. If you would stop beating your kids, things like this wouldn't happen... ;-)

Nic said...

that is not a goose egg! that's the freakin mother load! i feel so bad for her! i can't believe that. i love all the pictures on the side. ryan looks so big! and kaylee and renee are just as cute as ever!

Bethany said...

OW!! How in the world did she get a huge bump like that from falling off of a little tikes table!? Not trying to imply anything, but gosh ... gravity must have been pulling her hard!

The Maughan's said...

The heading says it all.. OUCH!! Poor thing!! A few years ago I had a nephew that kept doing that.. once the bruise went away he fell and bonked it again. They should baby proof those little tyke tables : )

Megan said...

Poor little girl. She did bounce back quick thankfully.

Crystel said...

Oh. My. Gosh. OUCH!

Emily said...

That is so awful! I am sure she has completely healed by now, but I've never seen anything quite like that. Poor baby!

Anonymous said...

What a silly thing to say Andrew! That poor baby. I knew it happened, but this is the first time I actually saw it. Wow! Love you all.

Grandma S.