Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Bryson 5 months










Bryson is 5 months! We started rolling and moving his body all around when you lay him down he isn’t in the same spot when you come back to check on him anymore! He is a happy baby. The kids are all enjoying him more and more as he is less irritable. He still needed to be nursed to sleep or held to sleep well, and was still waking up 2 or so times a night, so I broke down and paid for a sleep consultant. She gave so much insight on sleep training and how it is helping him and isn’t mean to let your “baby cry” So it helped my mind set change and helped me be able to make some changes to positively benefit us both. 
It was a tender mercy the way it all happened. I woke up absolutely exhausted on a Saturday morning and found the sleep consultant. Bought the service and classes, which consisted of a series of videos. They instructed to start the training during the day with naps. So I was planning to start Sunday afternoon or Monday after the kids were in school. Wel Ryan woke up and didn’t feel well so was planning to stay home from church. So I then said, ok well I’m going to l ave Bryson and out him down for a nap, he is going to cry and probably the whole time but that’s what needs to happen. He was told he could go in and check for a burp after the first little bit and otherwise he was to let him be and just text me updates about when he fell asleep etc. He agreed and off I went to Church. He pretty much cried the whole time which was a blessing to not have to endure that. I came home after sacrament and to find that he was asleep and slept for an hour! That was first for a morning nap! Then was happy til next nap and went down with only about 20 minutes of crying. And slept an hour again. That night he still woke up, and I fed him. But the next night I set the timer to let him cry and he woke at 2:30, 3:30 and 4:30 which he cried for about 30 minutes each time and finally fed him at 4:30. Each day has improved, today Day 4 he went down with only a little fussing, no crying and slept for an hour and a half for his first two naps and an hour “cat nap” actually had to wake him up. He went to bed later tonight since he had a late cat nap. We will see how he does, fingers crossed he is closer to sleeping through! 

No comments: