Thursday, August 23, 2012

funny things this summer

So I'm really behind on blogging, start them but never finish, have a great family reunion one in progress but it's not near done yet either. This is a blog post I started sometime this summer.....


Last night was a rough night sleep, Jordan has been sleeping through the night for some time now, so any interruption is not fun, but last night 3 of the 4 kids were up at different times. Jordan started it at 1230. Then Kaylee was up at 2 coughing, gave her meds and got her back to bed by 2:30, but she and Ryan woke up at 3. Got Ryan back to bed right away, but Kaylee needed a breathing treatment but was refusing to allow it, so it was a struggle to get her to agree to allow me to help to BREATHE, she was really struggling and it was really concerning for a bit. well she wanted me to sleep with her on the couch, so we dozed off together until I was again awoken at 5:30 by Jordan. He has a cold and cough as well. :-(

So anyways, at breakfast the kids were being a little wild for my tired state... so I firmly said "settle down, mommy didn't not sleep well, I'm tired, so I'm warning you, DON'T push my buttons!" Ryan looked right at me with his eyebrows furrowed and said "mom where are your Buttons??" I couldn't help but laugh out loud! That shook me out of my cranky funk I woke up with, haha!

The girls were really cute today playing nicely all day, which isn't always the case! They were busting out in song, "She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes!" They played a lot with food, they got little cat food bowls from a recent birthday party and so they kept feeding their cats "cereal" kibble. and at lunch they made their hot dogs talk to each other and as they got smaller and smaller they became little kids or babies.

They asked me when they saw a spider....
"MOM..... is that a Daddy long leg or a Mommy long leg spider??"

I had Ryan come inside for dinner by 5:45, and we stayed inside and FHE after dinner. We only watched a little Olympics, and he said he felt a little weird, I said oh ya, like what. He said, i feel...bored. LOL! My kid has been overstimulated this summer I'm afraid!

I was kneeling at my bed praying, when i heard 2 kids come in. they climbed up around me, and I continued on with my prayer. One said to another, "she's praying" and she responded " I can't hear her" She said "Shes praying in her head" Then i felt  and ear pressed up against my head and said "I still can't hear her!"

Gotta love them! And thankful for the sweet laughable moments in my life!! Have a great day!!

No comments: