So it's been awhile since I've blogged, and yes, I've been busy. But not just the typical "holiday" busy, which that played a part, but busy in a double trouble kind of busy. Yes, the twins were at it again! This time was the most difficult they have been since they were newborns feeding every 2-3hrs around the clock.
Since Jordan was born they have really stepped up their game when it comes to fighting. I remember being mortified embarrassed when they fought and pulled each others hair like pro wrestlers right in front of the compassionate service sister who came to my house to offer "help." And I had to call her crying one day when I couldn't take it anymore, after a rough night sleep, Kaylee woke me up and wanted me up, but I was in the middle of feeding Jordan still and Ryan was asleep on my floor having been sick throwing up half the night, I didn't want her to wake either of them up.....but she did by yanking open the mini blinds then swinging on the cord like a monkey made me yell out loud. So we were all up instantly from that, and shortly there after Jordan is crying wanting to eat, Ryan is crying because he feels sick and begins to violently throw up and have diarrhea....at the same time and unfortunately it was his face in the toilet. So I am trying to clean up diarrhea off Ryan and Renee walks in and says "Mom! Kaylee CUT MY HAIR!" OH....MY.....GOSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!
REALLY!!!???!!
That was all within an hour of waking up
I called the compassionate service sister in tears asking for help, she almost immediately came and got them.
(Skip to the next post then come back here)
Fast forward 8 months to now......(well 2 weeks ago)
Today was the first peaceful, non-anxiety filled day in a long time! We all woke up as a family together and got ready happily. Renee didn't play dead on the couch, she rub her eyes and got out of bed and picked out her clothes. I handed her some raisin toast and she said "thank you" sweetly and politely. Kaylee even went and got her snow pants and boots for her since it had snowed during the night. It was so wonderful to have the children 1. getting along 2 helping each other 3 I didn't have to remind them, nag them, threaten them or bribe them to get ready and out the door. Renee wanted to play outside in the snow once she was ready with Ryan while they waited for their carpool to pick them up. She didn't complain about the cold and had a jolly old time with her brother. When the carpool ride came she happily went, no looking back, pouting, or kicking and screaming.
When I picked her up from school, she was happy to see me, told me she had a nice day and wasn't grumpy. Our neighbors couldn't play, so my kids came home and played with each other nicely all afternoon. They emptied their backpacks and showed me their prizes they earned at school. Kaylee chose a chalk board thing, and Renee got a purple ball. Well right away Renee asked Kaylee for a turn with her chalk board and Kaylee said no, and even after encouraging Renee to try again using manners, Kaylee still said no. Uh-oh here we go, but Kaylee surprised me and asked me to set up the school house tent down stairs and they played "school" nicely all afternoon. They ate dinner nicely, played well and listened for the most part. (it's not a fairly tale here!) Kaylee did have to go to timeout for hitting me, and we struggled a bit with that, but that was our only hiccup for the day.
It makes so much sense now, but it was hard to know going through all the stress at the time what on earth to do with them. Hind sight is 20/20. Thank you to everyone, moms, grandma, family, friends, and teachers and the Principal for the helpful advice!!
I set up the girls twin bed frames and they now officially have their "big girl beds" we have worked out way up from a mattress on the floor to a mattress and a box spring to now a full frame and all. They look so big! I've been praying that they would turn a corner this year and I think we just may have.
3 months ago
1 comment:
Maybe that is why God only gave me one child...He didn't think I could handle more. So happy for all of you and hope there are many more peaceful days in your future. Just don't get too discouraged when you hit a bump in the road. They are children after all! Love you!
Post a Comment