Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Small town life

There are days that I really enjoy living in a small town. Today was one of those days. It started out with a phone call from the twins teacher at 9:30. I was at first concerned when I heard her voice on the other end, My first thought was, Oh no, who is sick or what did the twins do now?? haha But she quickly reassured me that the kids were all ok and she was just calling for a random question. She is nursing mother and usually pumps at work and her pump "blew up" she said, so she was calling to see if I had one she could borrow so she wouldn't have a miserable day leaking everywhere. I said sure and she was over in 2 minutes flat!
Then after school I had to pay my water bill and city hall is just around the corner from the kids school, so I did that real quick, but the city hall is also right next too city park and the kids wanted to get out to play. So we did, knowing that the carpool kids I drop off their mother wasn't going to be home for 20 minutes so it worked out perfectly. Well walking down the street was a friend walking her baby trying to get some fresh air and get rid of grumpiness. So she stayed and chatted with me at the park for a bit while we laughed watching the kids do twisters on the swings.
Then at 5:00, Ryan has piano lessons, and Jordan was down for a quick nap, so I sent Ryan out walking to his lesson, it's a straight shot as the "crow flies" through 2 backyards. There are no fences here so it was just a walk in the park literally. I can watch him through my bedroom window make it the whole way as well. And the piano teacher is a lady in our church and I watch her daughter while she teaches lessons and then she brings Ryan home and picks up her daughter. It's a swell system.

I love the closeness of everything (well except Walmart), running into people you know, waving as you drive pass people, the open yards, and the peace and safety I feel. It feels like home since I have finally made some good friends, and my kids have good friends. That makes a huge difference, especially since we are bummed we don't live near family, especially grandma anymore!

Today was a great day until the very end of the day when we are trying to have a family home evening lesson. The twins are still a handful and a half. They are so wild and challenging. Their report card came home saying how they "need improvement" in all the behavior areas, they are super smart and "Meeting or exceeding standards" when it comes to academics, but the severly Needing improvement with listening, sitting still, keeping their hands to themselves, respect the teacher and others etc.
This too shall pass, they will grow and mature, if I can just keep loving them and keep from losing my patience!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan's taking piano lessons? when did you get a piano? Loved the Halloween costumes. Little Jordan looks so cute. Can't wait to see you at Christmas. Love you all.

Grandma S.