We pulled off a surprise for Joe by celebrating Fathers Day early. We decided to do this because Joe has to work next weekend and last year I ended up getting sick and spending the whole day in bed and ruining "his" day. So it needed to for sure happen this year. So I was able to sneak away to do shopping, had the kids color some cards while he was at work and had it all put together before he got home.
The kids made and colored these cards for him, the neighbor kids even made him some too!
So I didn't have any "fathers day-ish" wrapping paper....all I really had was Christmas paper, so I improvised. I turned it inside out and had the kids decorate it themselves. Kaylee's is quite creative and Ryan's is very artistic.
When he got home we all shouted "Happy Father's Day!" and he looked confused at first and then pleasantly surprised. The kids all swormed him, eagerly wanting him to read their card to him first. Even the neighbor kids! He lovingly read each one making comments about how awesome they each were. Then opened his presents.
But to his surprise we had yet another gift for him. We took a walk out to the 2nd garage and had him close his eyes while the kids climbed on top. I have no idea why all the grumpy faces, probably not their preferred seating arrangement or something silly. But Joe was excited, and frankly so am I, can't wait to fire it up and have some BBQ again! It's been almost a year since we have lived here and we have been living without one since we got rid of our old one before we moved.
Happy Father's Day Joe!!
You are a wonderful Daddy to ALL our kids.
Thank you for all that you do for them and for our family.
We LOVE YOU!!!
XOXOXOXO
2 comments:
Yeah Good Job!!!!!!! Looks like a lot of fun! Glad you get to celebrate together, have to admit I am a bit jealous of that!!! But so glad your surprise went well!!! HUGS!!!
Ok first of all your girls are so cute, I can't believe how grown up they look!
Second and of course most important...
Happy fathers day Joe!!
Post a Comment