I have prepared every needful thing in regards to the baby. I'm physically and now mentally and emotionally ready for him to come. But he obiviously has other plans. Since I have thought this whole time that my "due date" was April 19th, and since I have always delivered 2 weeks early I feel REALLY overdue. There was one ultrasound that gave me the new due date of April 26th, but I never really wanted to go along with that one so it never stuck in my head. haha
I was thinking that he would come on Easter, since we have a theme going with our birthdays already....with Ryan's birthday on Thanksgiving, and the girls the day after Christmas, how appropriate would that be to now have and Easter baby. So even though I was "overdue" I wasn't complaining too much because I thought that was when he was supposed to come. Well Easter day came and I was super excited. Not just for the baby but to celebrate that special day.
With mom here, she made breakfast and we had an Easter discussion then the kids went and found their Easter baskets. They had a ball opening them, most of everything was from a delivery in the mail from Grandma Joyce. Then we Easter egg hunted, jumped on the trampoline, blew bubbles out side and had lunch and got ready for church.
Sacrament meeting was really nice. I love Easter, especially hearing musical numbers about it. It was nice to feel the spirit. I prayed during the passing of the sacrament that the baby would come soon and safely and since that time, I started contracting and they kept coming. Then all during sunday school they had continued. YES! It was finally happening and on Easter just like we had thought.
It had only been 2 hrs of easy contractions, but it was a good time to sneak away from the kids while they were happily distracted at chruch in their primary classes, so we left just a bit early from chruch and headed to the hospital. I knew I wasn't in full blown labor, but I didn't think that being this far along and contracting, that they could possibly send me away. Well I was wrong. The nurses wanted me to stay and were willling to do anything to keep me, but it would of taken a lot of intervention to get me to deliver at that point. The doctor wasn't convinced that I was in labor and neither was I, but I was so excited and READY for the baby to come, i just thought he would! So we all felt right about waiting til my drs appt on tuesday if nothing happened on it's own by that time. So I sadly changed back into to my clothes and walked out of the hospital, still pregnant.
I felt like a first time mom, being sent home from the hospital and no baby in my arms. Being a labor and delivery nurse too it's kind of embarassing, but it goes to show you that EVERY pregnancy is different and you never know!
So I walked in the door at home and the kids were shocked to see me without baby brother! They said where's the baby?? The doctor didn't get him out??? I had to sadly explain that no he didn't and it just wasn't time yet. They were all sad, because they had been home making baby brother welcome home cards. It was really sweet, but only added to my now depression.
I tried to cheer up watching the kids play and playing with them, but was so exhausted and down that I just had to sulk for a bit.
Joe and mom kindly put the kids to bed for me while I ate a big bowl of ice cream and watched a movie.
I just can't believe it! But it is what it is and he has to come out at some point. I know that for sure. That's the only thing I know for sure.
3 months ago
3 comments:
Keep hanging in there! you are a fabulous woman and things will go as they are meant to, right? Love you and thinking of you often!!
I was hoping that he would be here on Easter as well. You have been in our prayers. Hang in there, I know what it is like. Just be happy the weather is not too hot :)
Post a Comment