I am so looking forward to Spring, but there is always a price to pay there seems.
Day Light Savings.
I love gaining an hour but don't particularly enjoy losing an hour. It really didn't effect us til the next night when trying to put the kids to bed. Because our church doesn't start til the afternoon this year, it just made it so we had one less hour to hang out at home and get ready.
Ryan didn't really struggle or seem effected by it, he went to bed like normal. He usually has a night light that he may stay up to read a book or two, then go to bed on his own after we "tuck him in".
But the girls on the other hand were quite the struggle. (surprise, surprise!) They pulled the "have to go potty" stall tactic. Then I found them back in the bathroom "cleaning the toilet", which may make me happy any time during the DAY, but at night, NO, and especially since they are wetting down toilet paper to "clean" it with. Then a while later I find them in the bathroom again, but this time, Renee is on the potty (going number 2) and Kaylee is on the floor reading stories to her. I stood there for a few moments before they recognized me standing there, because it was actually quite a precious moment. I wanted to me mad, but just couldn't at that moment. God sure knew what He was doing by making them cute!
I normally head downstairs to spend a little bit with Joe before we retire for bed, and I waited until 10 before going down, and they were still not asleep. But I was tired of waiting. We heard feet pattering on the floor, and Daddy went to put them back to bed daddy style. Thought that would be the end of that....but NO!
It is now after 11, someone starting crying because the other one wouldn't share a toy she had. So toys taken away, girls put BACK into beds, and more songs sung. They appeared to be asleep this time and I snuck out, only to find one peaking her head out the door shortly after I left saying she was scared. I really thought that having a sleeping buddy would prevent the "I'm scared" bit. Boy was I wrong. Just when I thought there would be "somethings" that are easier with twins. Huh no such luck.
Hoping to an adjustment to this new time change soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment