Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas indeed!

It was a wonderful Christmas this year. We definitely made memories to last forever,
We loved driving around seeing the Christmas lights and decorations, watching Christmas movies, singing Christmas Carroll's, role playing the Nativity, taking goodies to friends and neighbors, seeing Santa, watching our first ever school performance, visiting family and being visited by family.

But one memory we made this year touched me and I'll remember most...was our trip to the Fire Station. I had been prepping Ryan about this idea I had, I wanted to take gifts to the sick children in the hospital, but since there is a ban on any children under the age of 12 entering the hospitals this time of year I didn't know how to go about it really. Until I saw the Fire department at the Outlets with buckets wanting to collect toys for the children's hospitals...PERFECT! I can take them there! Well my first conversation with Ryan about it didn't go so well. He didn't understand what I was telling him, and ended up crying thinking that I was going to take all his toys to the sick kids. He was almost hysterical, I finally got it across to him what really what was going to happen and things were better. So we went and picked out some toys and took them to the fire station and all my kids willing gave up the toys and put them under the tree. I was amazed and proud! The Firemen were so grateful and expressed it to the kids, and showed them around the station and even onto one of the fire trucks. It was a good feeling, one that left an imprint on my heart.

And we made Christmas work with our meager student budget. It was a fun challenge, but figured out a way to find things for cheap...to which I became quite addicted to garage sales because of it! Everything we got for the kids this year was a product from a garage sale, which they loved and we loved that it didn't cost very much!

Here are pictures of our day

Homemade books from Great Grandma Ray

The girls were thrilled with their new princess Crowns and wands. Kaylee has gotten a kick out of waving it and "freezing us" or turning us into different animals. She laughs and laughs with her new power ;)




Ryan said right before he opened this one....I hope i get a batman shirt! to which he Exclaimed....It is!!! yay!! (He wasn't that excited about his socks in his stocking! haha quite the opposite actually!)

Ryan's tool bench complete with power tools, is a fun for ALL the family toy! haha

The cash registers were a hit!


A best buy worker was extremely helpful they day I went shopping for Joe. I went in for a game for him and came out with the first 4 seasons of the office because they were a fraction of the original price! I'm a sucker for a great deal! and the Office! hahaha


Kaylee's Prized possessions....Princess shoes!! (a costco find last year)


Ryan showing off his Playdo creation and his new Lego Star Wars PJ's



Playdo is always a fun treat!


I love this one... a princess/tomboy! hehehe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as tiny tim said.. may god bless us each and every one. merry christmas /happy happy new year to all . grampa b.

Megan said...

Well, done. I also like the staying in budget types of gifts. That is great that they kids were able to learn to give by going to the Fire station.