Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter

Happy Easter! We hope every one's Easter was joyful as you celebrated the resurrection of our Lord. These past few weeks have just flown by and we can't believe it. Joe had spring break last week and enjoyed his time off catching up on some Xbox time, playing with Ryan and the girls, and just about anything but studying. Things are turning around in his class with the crumby teacher so all of your prayers must be pouring in. He only has about 5 weeks left so hopefully he can continue to excel.

Karen went back to work this last Friday and that left Joe alone to manage the girls by himself at night. The girls did well and thanks to Karen's mom, Joe was able to get a few more hours of sleep in the morning. Karen on the other hand went to work kicking and screaming. I think she would stay home forever with her girls if she could. Karen just has to be Joe's "sugar momma" for a few more years, then she will get all the stay home time she can handle. With Karen and work and Joe alone with the kids, Joe is realizing how much he really CAN'T live without Karen. Mom's everywhere deserve a standing ovation, pat on the back, extra weeks vacation...you get the point. Karen felt like work went well and although it is hard for her, she unselfishly continues on like a real trooper.

Ryan is progressing well as he is starting to hit his "terrible twos" a little bit late. He has been ornery here and there, and the only thing he likes to share are his germs. He kisses the girls so much, it seems they have a new cold each week. We recently posted a new video of Ryan on his section of the blog and you can view it if you click here.

Well, not much else is new for our packed little home. Here are some pictures from Easter and some others that we thought were cute. Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers and we are grateful that you continue to view our little website. Enjoy the pictures.



Kaylee: Go Renee! You can win this staring contest...don't blink!


The girls are really starting to smile a lot, along with cooing and a little giggling. We can't get enough of it.


Kaylee: Renee, that bald spot on the back of your head looks just like daddy's!
Renee: I know, although unlike daddy's, mine will grow back.


They are really starting to define their own features. You can really see some differences here.


Happy Easter!!


Ryan: Dad, are you gonna take the picture or what?






Karen enjoying how cute the girls looked in their new Easter dresses.





The whole party of fi....wait...where is Joe?

3 comments:

Robyn said...

You guys all look so good. Who does Ryan look like? An actor. I can't place it. Leo DiCaprio? I don't know, but he is handsome. It was so fun to see you today. Your girls are so beautiful. I didn't know you went back to work! How was it? I hope you get to deliver Christie's baby!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful little family! All you need is a couple more kids to round it out :). I can at least tell a difference in the girls, but I still don't know who is who. Doesn't matter, they are both sweet and cute, and I love their little smiles! I can see that when you move to Phoenix that I will have to visit often! Doesn't that thrill you, Joe?

Love to all-
Grandma S.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great! I also love the new ones I received in the mail yesterday. Everyone I show them to thinks Ryan looks just like you, Joe. Then I tell them he walks just like you do too! Ha! Thanks for the pictures!

Jane